Important Notice about our compliance with the General Data Protection Directive
The new law on data protection, the GDPR, applies to us in our dealings with you. We are fully compliant with this new law, and we will ensure, in respect of the personal data you give us or that we obtain about you, that notwithstanding any other term or condition express or implied in or from your dealings with us that:
- Your personal data is processed fairly and lawfully
- Your personal data is obtained only for the lawful purposes that facilitate your dealings with us and shall not be further processed in any manner incompatible with those purposes.
- The personal data we obtain from you is adequate, relevant, and not excessive in relation to the purpose or purposes for which processing is required.
- Your personal data will, at your request or as known to us from your dealings with us, be updated and corrected.
- Your personal data processed for any purpose or purposes will not be kept for longer than is necessary for that purpose or those purposes.
- Your personal data is processed in accordance with your rights as a data subject under the GDPR. In this regard, see more below
- Appropriate technical and organizational measures will be taken by us against unauthorized or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data.
- Your personal data will not be transferred to a country or territory outside the European Economic Area unless that country or territory ensures an adequate level of protection for the rights and freedoms of data subjects in relation to the processing of personal data.
Your rights under the GDPR
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals that we respect and to which we adhere. The rights you have as a “data subject” (as the GDPR describes you to be) are as follows:
- The right to be informed about our use of your personal information
- The right to access the personal information we hold on you
- The right to correct errors in the personal information we hold on you
- The right to have the personal information we hold on you erased
- The right to restrict processing by us of your personal information
- The rights to “data portability” as prescribed by the GDPR, of the personal information we hold on you
- The rights in certain circumstances specified in the GDPR, including use for direct marketing, to object to our processing of your personal information
- The rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling as specified in the GDPR.
- The right to claim compensation for damages caused to you by our breach of the GDPR.